SINK REPAIR & PLUMBING SERVICES
HAWAII LEAKING SINK REPAIR & PLUMBER SERVICES
Usually, the first step is to determine where the leak is coming from.
- In most cases, the leak is found right over the standing water or the dampness in the cabinet.
- If there’s some obvious spray, then the leak is from a pressurized water hose.
- However, you may not see the problem if the leak is from the drain line, until you use the sink, that is.
- Also, if the leak is due to a broken seal around the sink drain, you’ll have to fill the sink and then let the water stand before you notice the leak.
Here are the steps you need to take if you have leaks from a P-trap:
- First tighten all the compression nuts.
- If that doesn’t work, you then need to remove the trap and clean it thoroughly.
- Also, you’ll have to use an auger to clear the drain line, just in case there’s a blockage.
- If you have a plastic P-trap, you can usually just tighten the compression buts by hand.
- For metal traps, you’ll definitely need pliers. If the nuts are difficult to turn, that’s a sign that you need to replace the trap. Chances are, the nuts are corroded.
In some cases it may be hard to determine the source of the leak. The usual suspects are either the faucet or the sink drain which will only leak when you’ve got a lot of water in the sink.
- Check the faucet closely. While it’s easy to notice a faucet leak above the sink, in some cases it may escape your notice. It’s possible that water can flow down the back of the faucet so the water can drip underneath the sink.
- If the faucet is the problem, you’ll have to disassemble it and you’ll have to replace one or two of the washers or gaskets. Check to see which of the washers are worn, and then you can bring it with you when you get your replacement.
- If the problem is with the sink drain, you’ll have to unscrew it. You can then use a plumber’s putty when you repack it, and that should solve the problem.
Of course, if the area is dirty under the sink, or you don’t have the right tools, you’re better off letting the pros handle the issue. We will see to it that the leaking sink repair is done properly and quickly.
Call us at Shaka Plumbing today for your professional plumbing service and we’ll see you soon!
Upload a photo/s of the work that needs to be done and we will get back to you quickly